Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I hate the Dentist.





So… I grew up not having very good teeth. When I was very young I had to get a lot of work done on my mouth and since then I am traumatized by the dentist. He was very kind, but he was an older man and he had fat fingers. When he’d work on my teeth he’d pick and poke with his huge fat fingers and hurt my mouth. When I got older, he would numb me and say “you have the family tolerance!” (since apparently my entire family is hard to numb and numbing is hereditary?) and then he would give me another numbing shot and then wait about 5 minutes. Once the actual area he was working on was numbed, he would begin to work. Then, 5 minutes later my entire mouth would go numb, then my cheeks, then my ears, then my eyes, pretty soon almost my entire face would be numb from the two shots he would give me. After being worked on for about 1 hour, I would be sent home with drooling, with a puffy swollen face, bruised lips and My entire face would be numb for about 3-5 hours afterwards, and since my lips where bruised/swollen and I was numb, eating and drinking anything was not something I would participating in.  
And today I had a dentist appointment with my new dentist! They cleaned my teeth and told me the usual “you need to floss more, but your doing a good job brushing!” The new dentist Pamela is awesome. She’s very gentle and she was very sympathetic to me and she told me we would take things slow. And then the x rays began. Once the results where in, I was devastated. 
After constantly brushing my teeth and trying to floss- I had a whopping 8 cavities. One that is an old one, and she has to take the filling out, and replace them… Awesome. I of course started bawling. And then my mom felt really bad and started to cry. And then we made the dentist cry :( She said she understands my fear of the dentist and will try her hardest to help me.  
My appointments begin March 28…till then I’m flossing 3 times a day and brushing with fluoride tooth paste. Lets see how this goes. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment